• Transferring power from a motor to a square drive requires precision components such as a Spur Gear and they can be quite expensive.
• A square recess cannot be milled and broaching is an expensive secondary operation.
• A gear fabricated using Powder Metal provides high quantity precision components at a low cost and also provides the ability to add geometry (such as square holes) that cannot be created with subtractive manufacturing methods (milling, broaching, etc.).
• The gear teeth geometry exactly matches a theoretically exact involute surface.
To view this 3D pdf, follow these steps:
1) Select Download button above to download pdf file
2) Select Download icon.
3) Select a location on computer for the file.
4) Press “Save”. File should automatically open after download
5) Select anywhere on the screen to activate the 3D pdf file.
6) Under “Options” pulldown at the upper right, select “Trust this document one time only.”
7) Again, select anywhere on the screen to activate the file.
8) Select the upper-left gear icon (see screen capture below). Once the file opens. This allows you to rotate, pan, spin, zoom. Hold the left mouse button and move cursor to move image.